Arts Award general questions

Gold Arts Award Work Placement

Picture of Forum Guest
Gold Arts Award Work Placement
by Forum Guest - Tuesday, 3 January 2023, 2:08 PM

I'm Dilara and my centre is Definitely Theatre. 

I would like to seek more guidance on the parameters for Unit 1, Part B 'Career development opportunities in the arts' for the Gold Arts Award. 

• Evidence of research into opportunities to participate in the arts

• ◗  A description of what they did on their placement/volunteering/training/workshops

• ◗  Reflection on how the experiences have supported their learning and arts development

• ◗  Comments about their participation from the practitioners leading the placement/ volunteering/training/workshops

We run a Deafinitely Youth Theatre Term that commences in October, in the form of an acting/theatre workshop every second weekend (1 day, 5 hours), and it culminates in a week long (6 days) Production week during the February half term. On the last day, the cohort will share two performances to their family, friends and industry professionals alongside a professional (and paid) Creative team and Production team at a real theatre space in London. 

I'd like to enquire what we would have to implement to make our February half term eligible as a work placement for youth members. 

Would they have to be paid? How many hours are required? Can they shadow several people or does it have to be one person?